Friday, April 4, 2008

twist and shout...

I washed my clothes yesterday. By hand. In a bucket. And then I dried them on a clothesline.

It's okay if you want to be impressed. While I was doing it, I was thinking how utterly inconvenient it was to have to wash my clothes by hand in a bucket and how I couldn't wait to be done. I had to laugh because it was only at that point that it occured to be that I'm going to be washing my clothes by hand and in a bucket for the next 26 months of my life.

We're heading back out to CBT tomorrow for 7 nights. I want to play frisbee with Soufiane. I also want to make bread with my host mother. I watched her make it last time I was there. The oven is clay and dome shaped with an opening at the top. You build a fire at the bottom of the oven with branches (that I watched my little-bit-of-a-thing host mother break on her knees like it was no big deal) and when the coals (or whatev) are ready, you smack a big circle of homemade bread dough against the inside wall of the oven. It's a pretty intense process and fairly impressive to watch. So, that's the goal for this next week. Oh, and maybe to be able to say at least a sentence to one of the members of my host family.

Also, Edam cheese and avocado sandwiches with dijon mustard should win some sort of an award.

No comments: